Last modified: August 7, 2023
This policy describes the types of personal information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website https://womenlawyersonguard.org (our “Website“) and/or join our network. It also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to personal information We collect:
- On this Website.
- When you become a member of our network.
- When you subscribe to our newsletters and/or other publications
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website and/or that we send you.
- When you interact with our advertising on third-party social media websites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and or Twitter
- When you sign up to attend our events.
- When you donate to Us.
It does not apply to personal information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Us or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through this Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, make any donations through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at [email protected].
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, our donors, and members of our network including:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email, and telephone number
- Giving information, including types and amounts of donations and credit/debit card/bank account information. We utilize secure transaction methods when collecting credit card information over the internet. We do not disclose credit card account information provided by our donors, except for the proper processing of donations.
- Information on events attended and publications received.
- Any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- Any other information provided by the user or donor to Us.
- Non-personal information that does not personally identify you, including information that is aggregated or publicly available, when not combined with non-publicly available information about you such as analytics about how our Website is used; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
How We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, location, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our service providers and business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect may include personal information you provide to Us when you:
- Contact us by phone, mail, or email, in person, or via our Website.
- Register for an event.
- Make a contribution, either through our Website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing us a check.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website including donations and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Navigate through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
- Fill in forms on our Website such as the name of your employer and other organizations you are a member of, or are affiliated with.
- When subscribing to our products and/or services or requesting further services from Us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- When you report a problem with our Website or our products and/or services.
From time to time, We may collect personal information from you in ways not described above, subject to your express approval at the time We collect the information.
Confidentiality. All information about any financial transactions between you and Us is considered confidential and We employ appropriate security measures designed to protect it. While the information is kept confidential, it is shared with our board members, staff, volunteers, and professionals and with any of our parent organizations or subsidiaries on a need-to-know basis and in compliance with all laws, regulations, court orders, or other governmental requests.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information We collect automatically may be only statistical data that does not include personal information, but We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, (see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information).
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you.
- Establish a relationship and communicate with you about Us, including our programs, events, and funding needs.
- Learn about our donors and what matters to you.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- Process donations and event registrations and issue tax receipts.
- Comply with all laws and regulations, including reporting requirements.
- Plan future fundraising activities and events.
- Analyze giving patterns.
- Solicit feedback from you by conducting surveys.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We will from time to time communicate with you, including by email, concerning our activities, events, and requests for future support. To opt out of receiving these communications, you may click on the unsubscribe link contained in the email we send you.
We may also use personal information to contact you about third-parties’ events that may be of interest to you. If you do not want Us to use personal information relating to you in this way, you may click on the unsubscribe link contained in the email we send you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our organization.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WLGAN’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by WLGAN about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WLGAN, our subsidiaries/affiliates, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not share, sell, or exchange personal information with any other entity for third-party fundraising or marketing purposes, except as provided in this Policy or as you have expressly consented to.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over personal information relating to you:
- Targeted Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of personal information to serve interest-based advertising including on social media platforms LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have personal information collected or used in this way. To exercise your privacy choices on LinkedIn visit https://privacy.linkedin.com/settings on Twitter visit https://privacy.twitter.com/en and on Facebook visit https://www.facebook.com/privacy/center?helpref=privacycenter
- You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) visiting the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page here https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can review and request changes to the personal information that We have collected about you by contacting Us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. However, please be aware that We may not accommodate a change request that would impact record retention or other operational requirements like remembering email opt-out preferences, violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect. Deleting personal information may also require deleting your user account (if any).
We use industry standard safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information related to you that is transmitted to or through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
To opt out of receiving communications from Us you may click on the unsubscribe link contained in the email we send you.
To review the personal information that We have collected about you, or to ask any other questions regarding this Policy, please contact Us at [email protected] or submit your request through our Contact Us Form on this Website