What We Do
Women Lawyers On Guard assists nonprofits who have similar missions. We are a network of experienced attorneys and other professionals available to provide pro-bono assistance on a wide variety of legal issues to new and established organizations that share our mission and values. We also take public positions on important legal issues and encourage our members to run for office.
Our members want to “do something” for our country, but they may not know how to find meaningful projects. We help fulfill your commitment to work on urgent, mission-driven issues.
Changing the Landscape
Think about running for office! We can direct you to educational and training resources.
We match members with non-profit organizations with diverse legal needs.
We advocate to politicians and other change-makers, write Op-Eds and host events.
Issues Our Members Have Addressed
First Amendment / acceptable limitations
Impact of Policies on Women
501(c)(3) and other non-profit formation
Secure Data Gathering
Permitted Non-Profit Entity Activities
Analysis of Proposed Legislation
Immigration Policy Changes
What WLG Has Already Achieved
- To date, WLG has matched attorneys who have provided pro-bono legal services to the National Women’s Law Center, the International Refugee Assistance Project, The Women’s March, Indivisible (national), the ACLU, the American Constitutional Society for Law and Policy, and Flippable, among others.
- Our members have addressed a myriad of legal issues including: first amendment analyses, organization of 501(c)(3) entities, secure data gathering and online privacy practices, health care legislation, immigration, trademark analyses, and nominee vetting research.
- We have written Congress to bring pertinent issues to their attention.
- We have disseminated Op-Eds through various media.
- We have held and co-sponsored events.
Sign Up Now To Join Us
To get involved and receive communications from Women Lawyers on Guard, please sign up now. We will send you communications (for example, requests for volunteers, opportunities to learn how to run for office, notifications of actions and advocacy, events, and other news), and if you so choose, to match you with non-profit organizations that have legal needs you may wish to assist.
* Women Lawyers on Guard Action Network, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) organization that can engage in lobbying and (to some extent) political campaign activity (which means it can encourage its members to run for office, ask its members to support or oppose candidates for political office, and respond to calls for action, consistent with U.S. tax law).
An affiliated organization, Women Lawyers On Guard Inc. is a 501(c)(3). This organization supports research, education of the public, advocacy, litigation, amicus briefs and our volunteer matching program.